KAREN IMAGES RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Copyright Ownership: Karen Images is the creator and sole copyright owner of all artwork rented by Karen Images via SetArtATL.com. Every image is a creation of free speech. No assigns to the images are made by the artist and no opinions are present in these works of art. Every image was photographed from public property, sidewalks, streets, or during public exhibitions. This is the limit of any representations of clearance by Karen Images for use of artwork in filming any production. If any doubts remain as to whether any artwork requires further clearance than provided herein, it is the Renters responsibility to clear such artwork to the extent necessary prior to use.
2. License: Karen Images authorizes the “Renter” to film the artwork as needed for a single declared production during the rental period with the compensation of the rental fee paid – the list price plus additional fees per number of weeks rented. Additional weeks are 50% of the list price per week from the start date of rental until the artwork is returned.
3. Renter Obligations: Upon renting the artwork Renter acknowledges that Karen Images owns and maintains all rights and ownership of the artwork at all times. Karen Images grants a single “Filming Only” license for the artwork to be filmed during the rental period only. The Renter is not permitted to make any replica of the rented artwork for any purpose. Renter also agrees not to use the artwork for any other purpose than filming during the rental period. The Renter shall not make changes or alter the artwork in any way for any purpose. All rentals are on a per week basis starting on the day of receipt of artwork by renter. The Renter is responsible for returning all artwork in the same condition it was received.
4. Returning of Artwork: Karen Images provides 2 locations for return of artwork. All artwork is to be returned by renter to:
Karen Images Executive Office Located at
3355 Lenox Road, Suite 750,
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
ATLier Props & Design
5475 Tulane Drive SW,
Atlanta, GA 30336
before close of business on the last day of the rental period. Any late returns will continue to incur the per week weekly rental fee until the work is returned. All special arrangements for returns must be approved in advance in writing to avoid incurring additional rental fees.
5. Damaged or Lost Artwork: All Artwork is to be returned in the condition it was rented. It is the renters responsibility to document any flaws or quality concerns at the time of receipt of any artwork by contacting Karen Images within 24 hours of receipt of artwork. Should any damage occur, regardless of the nature of damage to the artwork, the damaged artwork must be returned in a recognizable form that can verify it was the artwork provided to the renter. Renter agrees to pay Karen Images an amount equal to a first week rental fee “list price” for any damaged artwork that is returned, regardless of the extent of damage to identifiable artwork. If the artwork is lost, cannot be identified, or cannot be returned for any reason the Renter agrees to pay Karen Images the first week rental fee list price of the artwork multiplied by ten to compensate for the total loss of the work. Any license for continued filming of the artwork is revoked upon notification of loss and a new license must be obtained for any additional filming of the artwork to occur.
6. Payments: Payment of rental fees are due at two intervals. To rent the artwork the first week rental list price is due for the order to enter into production. Renter understands that the first week rental fee is non-refundable and covers the cost of production of the artwork. Renter agrees to notify Karen Images via phone or email at the end of the rental period for the generation of the final invoice. Renter will receive a final invoice with online payment link to complete the rental contract at return of all artwork. All invoices shall be considered past due 31 days from the return of artwork. Past due balances shall incur a five percent (5%) interest fee per start of each 30 day period that a balance remains past due. Karen Images reserves the right at all times to determine the proper method of payment by either check, credit card, bank transfer, or cash for any rental agreement.
7. Communication: Any and all notices pertaining to this agreement shall be in writing, signed by both parties and made with documented receipt to:
2589 Pinewood Drive
Marietta, Georgia 30068
8. Term: This Agreement shall be in full force and effect during the entire rental period.
9. Governing Law: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia.
10. Severability: If any part of this agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, the remainder of the agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable.
11. Entire Agreement: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the contracting parties concerning the subject matter hereof. All prior agreements, discussions, representations, warranties and covenants are merged herein. There are no warranties, representations, covenants or agreements, expressed or implied, between the parties except those expressly set forth in this agreement. Any amendments or modifications of this agreement shall be in writing and executed by the contracting parties.